Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crosshairs. YAY YAY YAY

                                                               
So for those of you that don't know what crosshairs are, I chart my basal temperature every morning before I get up. I take my temp at  6:00 am and then add that temperature to an online chart I have. That chart then analyzes when I ovulate based on my temperatures. When ovulation occurs, a womans resting temperature shoots up and stays up until she is about to get her period. Crosshairs just show the day of ovulation.  That was your physiology lesson for the day. So let me back up. Sunday I got my iui, and afterwards I was in a huge funk because I ended up getting another positive ovulation test after I got back from the iui, which could have meant that I wasn't going to ovulate until the next day. Normal sperm can live for up to 4 days, but washed sperm like the kind they use in iui's only live for 24 hours. Some can live a little longer, but they aren't really all that good after 24 hours. I was convinced I timed the iui completely wrong and I just wasted $300. Well I just took my latest temp this morning and plugged it into fertility friend and I got crosshairs!!! Not just any crosshairs though, I got crosshairs on the day I got my iui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I timed it right! Yay! I believe I ovulated later Sunday night which isn't PERFECT timing since they would like to do an iui 6 hours before or after ovulation, but it is as perfect as we could get since they only do the iui's in the mornings. I have been in pain for the last few days though. My left ovary hurts so bad. I guess I ovulated on the left side and since I'm in so much pain that either means I had a super strong ovulation or I ovulated more then one egg. Don't freak out family, that doesn't necessarily mean twins, that just means that I have a much better chance at actually conceiving this month. I feel confident though that I did everything possible this month to make a baby. If it doesn't happen this month, I will keep doing what I'm doing. Even with perfect timing my chances of conceiving are only about 10% every month, which is half of what chance a fertile person has every month. I just want SOMETHING to work this time. Even if I don't get my take home baby, I would love to at least know that my ovaries are good for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment