Saturday, April 9, 2011

I am outraged!!!

Peta launched a new "contest" which is in "honor" of national infertility awareness week. Apparently if you get your dog or cat neutered in the month of April you are entered to win a free vasectomy. They actually said it was in honor of national infertility week which is the week of April 29. How cruel to mock the infertile community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would NEVER EVER mock people that had breast cancer. You would never run a national campaign to mock SIDS. Why would you mock infertile women. And to be quite honest why would you DARE to mock a group of millions of hormonal women that are all on drugs that make them even MORE hormonal. Who in there right mind would mess with us?!?!?!?!?!? That's like signing your own death warrent right there. I mean, I have only been on crazy hormone drugs for less than a month and I already feel like I can't control my emotions anymore.
So to add insult to injury, people are commenting on this campaign saying that it is pathetic to have a national infertility awareness week because there are 7 billion people already in the world so there is no reason for the infertile community to be upset that they can't add a few more. They are saying that we should just adopt. But why is it the infertiles responsibility to adopt the children that need homes? Fertile people are just as capable. I'm not against adoption at all, I would like to adopt someday. But is it SOOOOOOO wrong that I want to know what it feels like to have a baby move in me and have a little human that has my eyes and Jared's smile?!?! I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to know what IDIOT came to the Peta meeting that morning and said " I think the world is overpopulated, lets target the people that are contributing the LEAST to the overpopulation". GOOD GRIEF!
Alright now that I've calmed down I can give an update on myself. I have been taking progesterone for a couple days now and I have the side effect of major mood swings (gasp). So I've been trying to keep a low profile since I basically will get angry at the drop of a hat.Please see previous paragraphs for examples. lol. My temperatures are looking amazing, not that it matters right now because I'm technically way to early to be pregnant anyway. I did a stupid thing today and I looked at my due date if I were to get pregnant this month,
December 25! My stomach went into my throat when I saw that. That would be the best Christmas ever. Please God, all I want for Christmas this year is a baby. Although if we don't conceive this month I would be okay too. Christmas time would be extremely difficult if we were to have a baby because Jared's birthday is the 18th, our anniversary is the 22nd, and then there is Christmas, so to add a baby's birthday to the mix would be pretty stressful. (this is my way of trying to convince myself I won't be upset if we don't get pregnant this month) I MIGHT take a summer break from fertility treatments. I will be getting an IUI next month if this month doesn't work, but after that I don't know. During the summer I'm not as depressed about being infertile because I can lay out at the pool for hours and just forget about life for awhile. I want to be able to save up for an injection cycle which is $1500 and summer seems like the best time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment