Thursday, May 5, 2011

3 simple words, one BIG bill

In Vitro Fertilization.
That is what its gonna take to get me pregnant. I went to the doctor today and she said that she feels like we should start preparing ourselves for IVF. I did a u/s today and saw that I had 3 beautiful eggs ready to pop. I did a hcg trigger shot which makes me ovulate and I will get an IUI tomorrow. This will be our final IUI. We are on the road to IVF and we plan on doing it in the fall. We have to figure out how to save up some money and then find a bank that will give us a loan since IVF will be $12,000. Can't put a price on family though. IVF has a 70% success rate. My doctor did say that because of my age, we have a 40% chance of twins. That makes me nervous because twins make pregnancy higher risk but to only transfer 1 embryo would decrease my success rate and 2 is better then none at all. So that's where we are at. If this cycle is a bust we will be on the road to IVF!!!!!!!! I'm sooo nervous about spending that kind of money but I think this will work. We will be pregnant this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment