Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Update

I'm on cd 13 and I should have gotten a positive lh test by now but I haven't gotten even a slight positive. So I am suspicious that the Clomid did the opposite of what it was meant to do and it halted ovulation this month. I am slightly relieved because I don't want to do anymore unmonitored IUI's. They aren't working. I am working on paperwork to go to Reproductive Resource Center so I can get a second opinion from one of the most recognized RE in the area. I went to an infertility conference Saturday and I asked him about unmonitored IUI's. He asked me my age and then said that most doctors will put me on the slow route because they think I have plenty of time to figure out what is wrong. Well he said that yes age is on my side, but the fact that I'm so young is also a big concern because I should have been pregnant 2 years 7 months ago and the fact that I'm not tells him that something is seriously wrong and needs to be taken very seriously. That's what I've been thinking this whole time. I SHOULD be very fertile because of my age and the fact that I can't get pregnant is a big concern to me. We are looking into getting a loan and possibly doing 2 cycles of injectibles and then we will talk to the doctor about in vitro. I can't put up with the disappointment and is worth the peace of mind. I still need to talk to a doctor about what I want to do, but I have a feeling the doctors and I will both be on the same page, 3 years of infertility is a very long time. So this month is my break cycle. I might still be on a break next month as well to save up money because I think doing IUI's without having a ultrasound first is throwing away money. We have started talking about adoption but I think we are too young to be considered. We are still going to look into it though. Anyway thats my update. If I don't ovulate I will call my doctor and tell her I want to reevauate my treatment plan because I'm not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment