Sunday, May 22, 2011

And the Verdict Is.....



I'm sooo PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Who would have thought this would have actually worked?!? I sure didn't. My mind was already in the in vitro cycle and I didn't even realize that I should be testing. Okay so this is what happened.
I was 9 days past my hcg trigger shot and I decided to pick up a few dollar tree tests so I could see what a positive test actually looks like since the hcg shot makes me have false positives until the shot is all out of my system. So I take the test and it was negative?!?! WTH! I was so upset that my only chance to see a positive test was over cause the shot was already out of my system. The next day I took one and there was a LIGHT line. I thought it was the shot and was excited that I actually was able to see some of the shot lingering. 2 days later (I tested everyday) I took another test and it was even darker!! The trigger shot doesn't make tests get darker, they are supposed to get lighter. I started feeling optimistic so the next day I took a more expensive First Response test you can see the result above, its the top test. So I freaked out and called Jared and yelled "We're pregnant". He kinda already knew though but was excited. I took another test the next morning and it was much lighter. I was kinda nervous about that so I just took a digital just to make sure. It came up PREGNANT in no time at all. This was at about 6:00 am and I went and jumped on Jared and showed him the test. He didn't mind though. lol. So I called my doctor and told her I wanted a blood test. At the time I was 2 days too early for a blood test but my doctor agreed to do one anyway. I asked what number she would like to see me at and she said anywhere between 25 and 50 is great. Anything over that is doing really good. I got a call that afternoon saying that my blood test was 85!!! I had to come back in 2 days later to make sure it had doubled since that will tell them that I have a healthy pregnancy so far. My next blood test number was 211. So healthy baby so far. All last week I was sick and couldn't sleep but I'm starting to think it was nerves cause now that I got my 2nd blood test back I'm feeling a lot better. Feeling better did make me freak out a little though so I took another pregnancy test. This was at 15 days past my IUI


HA HA HA. Look at that pitiful control line! My test line dominated. Take that evil control!!!! So far I have taken 16 pregnancy tests this week. Dave Ramsey would be ashamed of my blown budget but I really don't even care right now. :)
I'm still very very nervous and I'm over analysing ever little ache and pain. I hate it when I wake up feeling good cause I want to know that my little guy is okay. And I'm cramping a LOT which apparently is a good sign, but it still makes me nervous. I would be even more nervous if I stopped cramping though. I am 4 weeks and 2 days along and I'm only sick occationally. Its ONLY when I smell stuff. I lit my favorite candle yesterday and had to blow it out and hold my nose as I stuffed it in the laundry room cause the smell was overwhelming and making me so sick. Today I have something in the crock pot and I gag everytime I go into the kitchen cause the onion soup packet is just way to powerful a smell. I think I will be able to relax a little once I get my u/s June 6th at 10 am.
This was the first cycle that I was administered to right after my treatment and I believe God blessed me when I finally just turned it all over to him. I should have done that all along. I'm cautiously optimistic that we will have a baby in January. My unofficial due date is January 27, 2012 although I'm hoping for January 30, 2012 for Grandma's birthday. :) That's all for now, I'll update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment