Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lots of HCG, no baby

So as I said in my last post, I got a shot of hcg on Thursday and let me tell you, it's just great being infertile with a ton on pregnancy hormone in my body. The infertility gives me a lot to be upset about and the pregnancy hormone makes me emotional so poor Jared has been so confused lately. lol. It's been almost 7 days since the shot so it should be out of my system by Friday. I can't test for pregnancy for awhile though cause the hormone will give me a false positive. We have kinda decided that October is when we will try to get in vitro if we aren't pregnant by then. It really is perfect timing. Jared will be starting school in August so if I get pregnant during my october cycle I can take off work for the summer and Jared will be able to work. During the summer we do well financially cause Jared gets income from SMMC, but he doesn't work there during the summer so he has income from a full time second job as well so I will be able to take off for maternity leave and not worry about the loss of my income. Also, We might be moving for Jareds school and if we do move I won't be pregnant during the move and I can just quit my job once the baby comes and then I won't be pregnant and trying to find a new job. We can't do in vitro any sooner cause we have to come up with money so October is really the soonest and the latest we can do it. So happy birthday to me!!! :) I'm trying to think of fundraising ideas so we won't go into extreme debt over this. The debt will be completely worth it, but I still would like to be living in a house once we have a baby and not a cardboard box. lol. I never thought it would come down to in vitro. I always suspected, but I just thought it was me being paranoid and pessimistic. Here are the odds I've beaten so far,

15% of couples are infertile most of those couples are over the age of 30
10% of infertiles have unexplained infertility
5% if infertiles will need in vitro

The odds were definatly in my favor, but I just HAD to prove everyone wrong and be that one that couldn't get pregnant with anything but in vitro.
I could be speaking too soon, maybe I'm pregnant right now and all of this will be void. Hopefully that's the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment