Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And the verdict is...

                                                                    
Yep that's right. My first IUI failed. We both expected it though. It was a last minute deal so not a big chance it would work. One thing that was new was that I had symptoms of low progesterone this cycle. To get pregnant and maintain a pregnancy, most doctors like to see a luteal phase of 12 or more days. If any spotting or a period comes before that, then that means low progesterone. I had spotting for 4 days so I get the pleasure of starting my first round of progesterone supplements this cycle as well as clomid. (tmi? Ha! Nothing is tmi anymore when it comes to infertility. lol) I start clomid Friday and I'm kinda anxious since clomid has some side effects of extreme mood swings. Poor Jared. I'm on the lowest dose possible though so hopefully I won't have the side effects. So basically I start the clomid friday and stay on it for 5 days. Then I wait for a positive ovulation test, I get the iui, and then start progesterone until I either get a positive pregnancy test or go 15 days without a positive test.
I had MORE insurance problems today. Story of my life right now. They denied a claim for a diagnostic x-ray. I called them asking why they denied it. They said "well it says right here that we cover diagnostic only for infertility" So I responded "alright, let me read this claim off to you. It says right here DIAGNOSTIC x-ray. So please tell me why it wasn't covered". I need to take an insurance class cause clearly I'm doing their job for them. Jared is going to take care of it tomorrow hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment