Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm Blogging!

                                                                             

Okay so I never thought I would start blogging. I now that I'm starting to loose my mind with baby fever, I needed a way to sort out my thoughts. In the back of my mind, I kinda knew this was going to be a difficult journey. I was hoping I was wrong, but I couldn't have been more right. Difficult is an understatement. The first month we started trying, two girls at work ended up pregnant. Those were the worst 9 months of my life. I felt like everywhere I turned people were reminding me that we were failing so miserably at conceiving. After about 1 year of trying, we decided to take a 5 month "break". Basically not trying, but not preventing either. We got better insurance and then started trying again. We are getting serious about this now. I am ready to be a mom!
In December we started infertility testing. My hubby passed his s/a with flying colors. I had 2 blood tests done and my numbers were perfect. Then came the dreaded hsg. Boy did that hurt! But I passed it. I did the hsg 3/3/11. We met with my RE again to discuss treatment options and she wanted to start off doing 1/2 a pill of clomid next month along with an iui. Since the hsg is supposed to make me more fertile, we decided to do an unmedicated iui this month, so we did that 3/9/10.
Fast forward to today. I'm feeling less confident about these iui's. I mean the success rate is so low, I'm having a horrible feeling that we are headed towards ivf. I have been so hormonal today and ended up getting so mad at Jared for not bringing a can of chicken broth home, that I ended up backing up into his car as I huffed off to the grocery store. (oops) So that's pretty much where I'm at right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment