Monday, March 14, 2011

MORE insurance problems and other ramblings

                                                                 

Okay for those that don't know yet, I've been at war with my insurance company. My insurance covers 90% of diagnostic testing for infertility, well lately they have covered 0% and I have made 4 phone calls to them already trying to get things straightened out. So today I got ANOTHER explanation of benefits saying that my claims have been denied. It will get straightened out eventually, but I just wish I could stop getting those stupid EOB forms cause they just create more worry and stress in my life. I'm so glad that I'm done with insurance for now. They don't cover any of my treatment and for right now I'm done with the diagnostic tests.
On to the good stuff. A couple months ago I felt led to read Dave Ramseys book and start his program. I started working on my emergency fund and then I found out I was going to start treatment sooner then expected. I didn't think we would have the money to do 6 rounds of treatment like the doctor wants to do. But I sat down and really went over finances and I've realized that somehow I have enough to pay cash for treatments and then probably do one round of injectibles and a monitored IUI. Injectibles means shots to stimulate egg growth and then shots to release the eggs. And when I do that I have to be monitored by occational ultrasounds so I don't produce to many eggs and end up as the next octomom. lol. So I guess I should be trusting God a little bit more and turning all my concerns all over to him cause I don't know how I'm ending up with the extra money to do these treatments so he must be taking control somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment